Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting ready to leave for the hospital
The Entertainment & Support group
My family brought Phase 10 & Racko to play during the hurry up and wait time of labor. We had a lot of fun playing and all the nurses wanted to join in.

Just got in the room and ready to go!
Labor: Checked in the Hospital around 10:30/11:00 am March 4th 2012. They started me on Oxitocin about 11:55 and I was already 3 centimeters and having contractions every 3 min. and not having any pain. At this point I thought we will have this baby in no time and with little pain, Man was I wrong!! 1:15 broke my water and when I went to the bathroom I swear to you that it was Niagara Falls all the way to the bathroom. Olin and I were laughing so hard which made the leaking even worse!
4:00 Only 4 Centimeters. 6:00 had the Epidural (Thank you) 6:30 the first of many barf moments during the labor. 7:00 Babies heart rate dropped way low and had to stop the pitocin. Okay from this point on I stopped taking little notes so I will just have to wing it for you. The whole time it was a game of turning on the poticin and then having the babies heart rate drop, so then they would turn the poticin down or off. Basically when I was ready she was in distress and when she was ready my body was not. Come to find out during this whole time I can metabolize an epidural in two hours! needless to say that I was in tons & tons of pain. After I delivered we counted that I had 3 shots of the epidural and 2 shots of lidocaine and I pushed the little give me more pain killer button too many times to count. So in total 5 shots from the doctor and 200 million button shots from me to keep me numb. When it finally came time for me to push I had her out in 30 minutes. Yeah for me!! Cheznie was born at 6:56 am March 5th 2012.
After 18 hours of labor....don't judge!!
Proud Parents
Cheznie Hannum born 6:56 am March 5th 2012
7 lbs 14 oz 21.5 inches
Excited Parents, Grandparents, & Great-Grandparents
Time to go home
Before & After Baby

6 comments:

pOlloCk FaMiLy said...

Good job mama! Every pregnancy and delivery will be different. Congratulations! She is beautiful.:)

Braydon and Ashlee said...

I am so happy for you and a little mad at the same time. You look awesome! Jealous, also only pushing for 30 minutes! Woah! So good to hear the story. We miss you, but hope you are having the best time being a mommy! I cant wait to meet her :)

Robertsons said...

She is so beautiful! We are excited for you two! I can't wait to meet her! Congratulations!!

Kelli Cox said...

Congrats Nat........she is beautiful..you guys did great!!!

Matt and Stephanie said...

I love your story because it didn't end up with a c-section!

The Peterson Clan... said...

Congratulations Nat!! She is beautiful!! Love the name!